It is the aim of all parents to have a smart child. Here are 5 signs that you can look out for to determine if your child’s mental development is above average :
1. Your child starts to speak at a very young age and has a large vocabulary. He/she speaks very well in complete sentences as well as asking a lot of questions. This shows a natural curiosity to learn and understand the world around them.
2. He/she is an early reader and prefers advanced topics. If your child is already reading beyond his/her age group, this might be because lesser readings doesn’t challenge them.
3. He/she is inclined to explore and pick up unique hobbies and interests.
4. A quick capacity for learning and retention combined with an intellectual curiosity – gifted kids usually have a very detailed knowledge of certain subjects and they’d rather discuss it with adults who can understand, not kids.
5. Bright kids have long attention spans with a high energy level and superb memories. They tend to enjoy solving arithmetic, puzzles and mazes. They also tend to be perfectionists.