fbpx
A lot of Malaysian parents give jewellery for their babies to wear but is it really safe? To make it safer for everyone, we’re sharing these safety concerns you should consider when giving your baby jewellery.

 

Choking Hazard

Babies like to put everything into their mouths. Bracelets and necklaces can break apart and release tiny gemstones or beads which your baby can choke on. Why put them at risk if you can avoid it?

Strangulation

Necklaces can easily strangle a kid while he/she is asleep. Never let them go to sleep with a necklace or bracelet. Ribbons, or tethered pacifier clips can pose the same kind of danger if used without parental supervision.

Magnetic parts

Bracelets which are made with magnetic parts are dangerous because it may cause lead poisoning. Magnets also pose an additional risk beyond choking – once swallowed, magnets can attract each other and move within the digestive system, damaging the tissues from the inside.

 

To clarify, there’s nothing wrong in giving jewellery for your child to wear. However, it’s important to consider these potential risks before deciding to outfit your kids with jewellery.
Share This